December 3, 2008

December Salon

I have a few pieces in a show coming up. It opens tomorrow at Nave Gallery. The show is an amalgamation of about 60 artists, and it will be hung "salon style," which means they squeeze as much onto the walls as they can, and when things are sold they are immediately taken down and replaced with new art. It is kind of fun, and I like the idea of having a dynamic exhibition. The down side is that I don't actually know if/when my pieces will be on display. I submitted 2 collages, a small painting, and 5 postcard drawings. Images will be posted soon, but I figured I should at least wait until the opening to encourage gallery visitors.

Nave Gallery is an interesting place. It is inside of a church near Teele Square in Somerville, MA, although run independently, as far as I can tell. They have a lot of music events (including various performances in conjunction with the show, which should be good!)


December Salon
opening reception 6-8pm Dec. 4, 2008
Clarendon Hill Presbyterian Church
155 Powderhouse Blvd, Somerville, MA
see website for other open hours/events

No comments: